Membership of Taurus Boat Club is open to all past and present members of Oxford Brookes/Oxford Polytechnic Boat Club. Membership is £20 per year.
Why join Taurus?
Our aims are simple:
- to promote social links between past and present members of Oxford Brookes / Poly Boat Club;
- to support the current student rowing club wherever possible, financially and otherwise;
- and to promote rowing participation among the Taurus membership.
Taurus continues to raise funds for Brookes rowing, for example in 2014 Taurus supported Brookes to the tune of circa £10,000 to assist in the purchase of the new Empacher 8 to help challenge for the Temple Cup at HRR.
Alongside the financial support and successful social calendar events Taurus will be introducing/re-introducing initiatives to improve our communication and promote the unique networking opportunities that Taurus offers. In summary opportunities available to Taurus members include:
- Annual dinner – Saturday 19^th March 2016 (HORR)
- Henley BBQ - Saturday Henley Royal Regatta
- Newsletter – Hard copy
- Membership book – to be produced and sent out with newsletter
- In addition to equipment, Taurus want to offer bursaries/sponsorship of oarsmen/women
- The Taurus Network – Our unique contact list is a work in progress, but looking to be implemented in 2016.
To become a member, please either:
1 - Purchase annual membership via the website
2 - Join by post using attached form
Download the combined membership form/standing order form (link here). This must then be printed out, completed, signed by hand and posted to the Treasurer, Simon Speirs (address on the form). He will forward the standing order to your bank for you and complete membership application.
3 - Set up standing order via online banking
Using your own online banking service it is normally very easy to set up a new standing order, using the following account information.
Account Name - Taurus Boat Club
Sort code - 40-33-18
Account number - 81050869
Reference - Your name
Date of payment - 1st November
Frequency - Annually
Make payments until - Further notice
Once you have set up the standing order it is very important that you email us at email@example.com so we can complete your membership application and contact you for further club announcements.